Phil Chandler, author of The Barefoot Beekeeper joins us today on the podcast to talk all about getting started in and maintaining a top bar hive.
- Learn what equipment you need to get started in top bar hives (not much!)
- Learn why top bar hives might be the ticket for many people who wouldn’t be able to handle the heavy lifting involved with traditional framed hives
- How to source your bees
- Thoughts on honey production
- Catching wild swarms
- The truth about bee packages
- Integrated Pest Management strategies
- Much more!
- New Sponsor: The Food Security Knowledge Pack
- Must Read Information for new beekeepers – http://www.biobees.com/DownloadFree/so_you_want_to_keep_bees.pdf
- The Barefoot Beekeeper
- Top Bar Hive Plans