Today’s episode brought to you by Directive21.com – The Best Deals on Berkey Water Filters – Please tell them you heard about them on SOS!! That would help me out a lot
I neglected to mention: Always wear a helmet! I guess I thought that was too obvious!!
Today I’m taking a break from the self sufficiency articles you have come to expect. I was putting together a podcast on vermicomposting when my internet went down.
I’m sorry if this seems off topic for this website, but I hope some people find this useful.
I decided that I would give everyone a cross country mountain biking primer. I realize this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but if you have ever been interested in recreational mountain biking this might be worth a listen.
This isn’t a podcast about road biking, cadence, downhill, freestyle, rails to trails, etc.. this is about the basics of Cross Country mountain biking.
- Bike Purchasing – Basic guidelines. If you want to know if a bike you found is a POS feel free to drop me a line
- Before the ride – What are the basic things you need to check on your bike before every ride
- Things you need to take with you – What goes in your camelbak?
- What are the most common trailside repairs you will have to make
- Skills – cover the most basic skills that will get you going through most basic park trails
- Winter Night Riding – A very brief run down of some basic winter equipment
- What is the most important safety upgrade on your mountain bike?
- Group Dynamics – How not to be a jerk if you decide to go on a ride with a local club