One of our family favorites are miniature nut cups and this recipe comes from a polish Grand-Mother. Since it only takes 1 cup of flour this is a good option for gluten-free flour to make a gluten-free desert.
Crust for Cups:
1 stick butter
3 oz cream cheese
1 cup flour
Let butter and cheese soften at room temperature. Blend butter and cheese, add flour and mix. Place in refrigerator to chill
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg well beaten
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Beat eggs in bowl and add sugar, vanilla, melted butter and chopped nuts, mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Take small amounts of dough and shape crust in miniature muffin pan.
- Put a tsp of filling in center.
- Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes
- Remove and dust with powdered sugar